So you’re attending the 2018 RAM National Circuit Finals Rodeo in Kissimmee. Maybe you’re driving an hour or two to get here and you’d like to make a day of it. Or, maybe you’re staying overnight and have some time to spare in between rodeo performances. Either way, here are nine off-the-beaten-path sights to see on your way to the RNCFR in Kissimmee! (Explore this interactive map or see our list below.)
- Wild Florida Airboats and Gator Park – 3301 Lake Cypress Road, Kenansville, FL – Whether it’s your first or 50th, there’s something about riding on an airboat through the Florida Everglades at Wild Florida that makes you want to shout, “Again!” After your airboat ride, visit the Gator and Wildlife Park (free with the purchase of an airboat ride) to see over 200 species of animals, both native to Florida and from all over the world. If you’re interested in learning about Florida’s ranching history, jump on our ranch buggy tour to visit one of Florida’s oldest working cattle operations! Before you leave the park, be sure to grab a BBQ sandwich or a swamp slushy at Wild Florida’s restaurant, the Chomp House Grill.
- Reprise Brewing – 1124 Pennsylvania Avenue, St. Cloud, FL – If you’re a beer lover, visit Osceola County’s only microbrewery, Reprise Brewing! Reprise is located in the heart of historic downtown St. Cloud, walking distance to St. Cloud Lakefront Park and restaurants like Tiffany’s Eats, Meat N Fire Barbecue, and Crabby Bill’s.
- The Paddling Center at Shingle Creek – 4266 West Vine Street, Kissimmee, FL – The Paddling Center at Shingle Creek offers kayak, canoe, stand-up paddle boards rentals, tours, and more. Conveniently located in Kissimmee, Shingle Creek is the headwaters of the Everglades and was recently rated one of the top paddling trails in Florida. The rustic-themed Paddling Center facility includes adjacent hiking and biking trails. Picnic tables are on-site making this a great family or group event location. The staff is friendly and glad to provide new and novice paddlers the basic paddling skills to enjoy the exceptional natural beauty that is Shingle Creek.
- Keel and Curley Winery – 5210 Thonotosassa Road, Brandon, FL – Tour the vineyards or just do a little wine tasting at Keel and Curley Winery, located off of I-4 in Plant City. If you haven’t had blueberry wine before, now’s your chance! Spend time on the beautiful, spacious deck and enjoy the fresh air of Eastern Hillsborough County, Florida.
- Dinosaur World, Florida –5145 Harvey Tew Road, Plant City, FL – Life-sized models of dinosaurs welcome families to learn, have fun, or just enjoy a quiet encounter with the lifelike animals. The dinosaur models, up to eighty feet in length and based on the latest scientific discoveries, are made of fiberglass, steel, and concrete. The dinosaurs are arranged in groups of as many as eleven of a single species, in a variety of settings. Nestled among a lush assortment of native vegetation, the dinosaurs are so believable that some visitors claim to see them moving through the shadows cast by the many native trees. It’s a sight to be seen!
- Bok Tower Gardens – 1151 Tower Boulevard, Lake Wales, FL – The gardens are open 365 days a year, and boast must-see scenery and architecture. The Singing Tower and gardens provide ideal backdrops for family picnics and dining at the cafe. Also enjoy bird watching, geocaching, and photography opportunities while trail hiking.
- Orlando Science Center – 777 East Princeton Street, Orlando, FL – For visitors from out of town, Orlando Science Center is a must for your “things to do in Orlando” list. With four floors of exciting exhibits, amazing giant screen and 3-D films, as well as engaging live programming, the Science Center is an ideal family destination (and a great rainy day escape!).
- Winter Park Scenic Boat Tours – 312 East Morse Boulevard, Winter Park, FL – Take a one-hour guided tour through the chain of lakes in Winter Park, FL. Tours leave every hour on the hour from 10 am until 4 pm. See beautiful homes, wildlife, and learn some history of Winter Park. Afterward, enjoy shopping or dining on Winter Park’s beautiful Park Avenue!
- Wekiwa Springs State Park – 1800 Wekiwa Circle, Apopka, FL – Located at the headwaters of the Wekiva River, the beautiful vistas within this park offer a glimpse of what Central Florida looked like when Timucuan Indians fished and hunted these lands. Just one hour from most central Florida attractions, Wekiwa Springs offers visitors the opportunity to relax in a natural setting, enjoy a picnic, or take a swim in the cool spring. You can also rent canoes or kayaks, go for a hike, or reserve a campsite. (Pro tip: Arrive early! This is a popular spot.)
If you don’t have enough time for sightseeing but you’ve got a few hours to spare, don’t forget about our Tailgate Experience, which takes place right outside of Silver Spurs Arena. Join us for live music, local fare, a Kids Zone, a zip line, and more – all for free!
Keep up with us throughout the year! Click below to sign up for our monthly newsletter.